Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Almost Settled... Almost.

California is pretty much living up to all of my expectations... a lot of positives, a couple not-so-positives.  The weather is gorgeous all the the time, and we haven't seen rain since May.  There are lots of things to go do and see, and so far the atmosphere and people seem really laid back.  Of course, there are a lot of people, a lot of traffic, more rumors of crime than I'm used to, and oh yeah, bugs!  We've moved into a rental home in Vacaville, which is 6 miles from Travis AFB and it works for us, but it is taking longer than I had hoped for to get completely situated.  We're still going through boxes and organizing, and I have about 3 rooms that still look as though each was the site of a major tornado.  However, I believe we will get there soon!

A couple things I've learned: I never want to move in the 1st trimester of pregnancy again, and less is more when it comes to moving your stuff.  We are slowly getting rid of all of our excess.  We have so much right now, we don't know where to put it all!  I've also learned that it doesn't matter where you live geographically; all places come with good and bad points.  A home must be made up of the people you love and you will be joyful no matter where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment